Southwestern Quinoa SaladPublished 10/26/2012
- 1/4 cup fresh lime or lemon juice (from 2 or 3 limes or lemons)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp salt plus more to taste
- 2 3/4 cup water
- 1 1/2 cups quinoa
- 1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen corn
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 large jalapeno, diced (ribs and seeds removed)
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped cilantro
- Whisk together lime or lemon juice, cumin, chili powder, garlic, oil, and 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- Bring the water to a boil in a small saucepan. Add quinoa, allow to boil then reduce heat to simmer. Cook for about 15 minutes until the quinoa has absorbed the water. Turn off heat and fluff quinoa with a fork.
- Put quinoa in a large serving bowl and add corn, red pepper, green onions, jalapeno, cilantro, and the dressing. Add salt to taste.
Prep Time: 5 min
Cook time: 15 min
Recipe Source: adapted from newlybread.wordpress.com