Beef Stroganoff. Not something that you think all through your busy day, "ooooh, I can't WAIT for dinner tonight!" No, it's more like something that you throw together in a hurry only to accomplish the deed of filling stomachs. Then we were invited over to one of my best friend's house for dinner and when she told me what we were having, I was less than excited but prepared to put on my, "oh wow, this is amazing!!" But really I'd be thinking, "Good, now I don't have to have this meal for another five years!" But I was wrong.....again. This particular recipe is a very special treat. One that you w-i-l-l look forward to all day long. It's basically a pot roast cooked in the crock pot all day long so it's super moist and it cooks in the gravy so there's zero preparation. You literally throw everything in the pot in the morning and then 8 minutes before it's time to eat, make some egg noodles. Voila, dinner is served!
Pot Roast Beef Stroganoff
(The portions below are based on a 1 lb roast beef so if you get a 2 lb roast beef, double the ingredients)
1 lb Roast Beef
1 can Condensed Mushroom Soup
1/4 cup Water
1 tablespoon Worsteshire Sauce
1/2 Onion, diced
4 oz Cream Cheese
Egg Noodles (some people like this recipe with rice, it's up to you...and your taste buds)
1. Lug out your good ol' crock pot and dust/wash if need be. Set to the 6-8 hour setting.
2. Pour in the soup, water, and worsteshire sauce. Mix well.
3. Dice your onion and throw in the soup mixture.
4. Place your beautiful rump roast in the crock pot and stir the soup mixture around and on top of the roast.
5. Put the cover on and go about your business...for 6-8 hours.
6. When the roast is cooked through, take it out of the crock pot and shred it all up.
7. Add the cream cheese to the soup mixture and stir until the cheese is melted.
8. Add the beef back into the crock pot.
9. Cook your egg noodles (or rice). Serve under, on top, in, over, the yummy beef stroganoff.