I will be the first to admit that when it comes to desserts there should always be some sort of chocolate involved so when I made these little ditties for a party I was having I was not at ALL excited. I've never enjoyed lemon bars and felt like why would this recipe be any different. Well everybody, this one IS different and it's because of two added ingredients that make them a little less ordinary and more extraordinary. Cream cheese in the filling, and pecans in the crust. I know your pallet is having a hard time imagining it right? Well just make these and tell me I'm wrong...I dare you! ;o)
Creamy Lemon Nut Bars
Source: Kraft Food & Family
1/2 cup Butter, softened
1/3 cup Powdered Sugar
2 tsp Vanilla
1 3/4 cupsFlour, divided
1/3 cup Pecans, chopped
8 oz Cream Cheese, softened
2 cups Sugar
1/2 cup Lemon Juice
1 tbsp grated Lemon peel
1 tbsp Powdered sugar, for sprinkling on top
1. Preheat oven to 350
2. Line a 9x13" pan with foil and spray.
3. Mix butter, powdered sugar, and vanilla until combined.
4. Gradually stir in 1 1/2 cps of the flour and the pecans
5. Press dough firmly into the prepared pan and bake for 15 minutes
6. Beat cream cheese and granulated sugar on high until well blended and add remaining 1/4 cup flour and eggs. Beat well.
7. Stir in lemon juice and peel. Pour over baked crust and bake for 30 minutes.
8. Let cool completely and sprinkle with the tablespoon of powdered sugar.