A few months ago Nicole requested that I post the Chocolate Covered Popcorn that I made for her wedding reception (which was absolutely gorgeous!!). Well I immediately thought what a wonderful idea that would be and tried to figure out an excuse to make it. ie: invited to a fancy dinner party, have a fancy dinner party at my house, etc. etc. Well it took a few months and I've finally decided that a dinner party doesn't have to be fancy to warrant something as decadent and wonderful as Gourmet Chocolate Covered Popcorn! So on Saturday some friends invited us over and asked that I bring dessert. *DING-DING* guess what I knew I'd bring?!? Yep, GCCP (if you are into texting acronyms which I'm totally not ;p) ).
It's really the easiest thing thing the world to make but be ready, you WILL impress the crowds by making it!! So Enjoy!
Gourmet Chocolate Covered PopcornPublished 02/04/2011
- 2-3 quarts air popped popcorn (do not substitute for buttered microwave popcorn)
- 1/2 cup salted butter (melted)
- table salt
- 16 ounces chocolate (milk, dark, semi-sweet - your preference)
- 16 ounces white almond bark
- coarse salt
- Toss popped popcorn with butter in a paper grocery bag or in a large bowl (or divide among two bowls.) Sprinkle with salt to taste.
- Spread the popcorn out on a couple large sheets of wax paper, or on some sheet pans lined with parchment paper.
- Melt the chocolate in a double boiler or in a microwave using medium power and frequent stirring to prevent burning. Drizzle the chocolate over the popcorn
- Melt the almond bark in a double boiler or on low power with frequent stirring in the microwave. Drizzle on top of the popcorn. Sprinkle with some coarse salt to taste.
- Let popcorn sit until chocolate has hardened, then break into smaller clumps and eat.
Prep Time: 15 min
Cook time: 10 min