A few months ago Nicole requested that I post the Chocolate Covered Popcorn that I made for her wedding reception (which was absolutely gorgeous!!). Well I immediately thought what a wonderful idea that would be and tried to figure out an excuse to make it. ie: invited to a fancy dinner party, have a fancy dinner party at my house, etc. etc. Well it took a few months and I've finally decided that a dinner party doesn't have to be fancy to warrant something as decadent and wonderful as Gourmet Chocolate Covered Popcorn! So on Saturday some friends invited us over and asked that I bring dessert. *DING-DING* guess what I knew I'd bring?!? Yep, GCCP (if you are into texting acronyms which I'm totally not ;p) ).
It's really the easiest thing thing the world to make but be ready, you WILL impress the crowds by making it!! So Enjoy!
Gourmet Chocolate Covered PopcornPublished 02/04/2011
- 2-3 quarts air popped popcorn (do not substitute for buttered microwave popcorn)
- 1/2 cup salted butter (melted)
- table salt
- 16 ounces chocolate (milk, dark, semi-sweet - your preference)
- 16 ounces white almond bark
- coarse salt
- Toss popped popcorn with butter in a paper grocery bag or in a large bowl (or divide among two bowls.) Sprinkle with salt to taste.
- Spread the popcorn out on a couple large sheets of wax paper, or on some sheet pans lined with parchment paper.
- Melt the chocolate in a double boiler or in a microwave using medium power and frequent stirring to prevent burning. Drizzle the chocolate over the popcorn
- Melt the almond bark in a double boiler or on low power with frequent stirring in the microwave. Drizzle on top of the popcorn. Sprinkle with some coarse salt to taste.
- Let popcorn sit until chocolate has hardened, then break into smaller clumps and eat.
Prep Time: 15 min
Cook time: 10 min
It was the saddest thing when Devon and I came back to the real world after our honeymoon and found out there was no more popcorn left over from the wedding. I had been craving some for days. I'm happy to be able to make it on my own now that we live so far away and can't bug you to make it for me any more.ReplyDelete
wow! its awesome, Gourmet Chocolate covered with popcorn. its look so pretty and beautiful so I give vote to this grand work keepitup http://www.americandesigncompany.com/Gourmet-Chocolates-SUBCAT.aspxReplyDelete